The park will give tourists on their Murchison falls national park tour the utmost memorable experience while visiting the different regions and engaging in different activities the park has to offer. The attractions and activities that they can participate in to make their Uganda tours memorable are explained as follows;
Wildlife: The park is composed of different vegetation zones and cover which attract different animal species for example it is composed of swamp vegetation along Lake Kyoga, woodland and savannah all of which support wildlife among the different animal species that can be seen include; hippopotamuses, Rothschild’s giraffe, warthog, Cape buffalo, Uganda Kob, Jackson’s-hartebeest, elephants and many more.
The park is also a home to over 400 bird species which offers birders a variety of bird species to look at and study in their natural habitats and some of these bird species may include the shoe bill, grey Crowned Crested Crane, the Giant King Fisher, Goliath Heron, Abyssinian ground hornbill, Nightjars Marabou stork and many more
- Game drives: For tourists to see a variety of a number of animals then they should participate in game drives which are organized in the morning, evening and the night game drives can be carried out within the park and all of them offer the utmost experience since the tourists are able to see the different animal species. However one of the most memorable game drives that tourists should not miss out on is the night game drives which enable tourists to see the nocturnal animals like lions while they hunt for prey at night which is quite different from other game drives because many animals come out of hiding in the area.
- Birding: The park is a destination for bird lovers because of the numerous bird species that are over 400 in number that they can see while on their Uganda National Parks tours in Murchison Falls National Park. Among the birds that can be seen include the water birds like the African fish eagle, Giant kingfisher, yellow billed stork, great cormorant and many more. Other bird species can be seen in the Budongo forest.
- Murchison Fall: The park derives its name from the falls within the park called the Murchison falls or sometimes called the Kabalega falls. The falls offer a magnificent view to the tourists as they make their way through a narrow gorge forming violent falls which can be seen offering the best unique views. Important to note about the falls is the fact that they are in between two lakes Albert and Kyoga which offer amazingly breath taking views.
- White water rafting: Adventure tourists will have a chance to carry out white water rafting on Murchison falls and because the falls offer rough waters and high speed running waters it makes them suitable for the activity to be carried out which involves tourists using an inflatable raft to navigate the white Nile with in Murchison Falls National Park which is another interesting activity while in the park.
- Wildlife viewing: While on the River Nile, a variety of wildlife can be seen by tourists on their Murchison falls tour that is to say along the banks, animals like crocodiles can be seen sunbathing, buffalos, elephants waterbucks, and other animals are seen quenching their thirst from the waters along the banks.
- Water Bodies: The park will catch the eyes of tourists who have embarked on their journey of carrying out a Uganda national parks tour because it is home to a number of water bodies that is to say, Lake Albert, Lake Kyoga and the Victoria Nile River which can be seen once the park is visited. The park offers a number of different activities while on the different water bodies as explained below;
- Boat cruises: In the park, there are two different boat cruises or launch trips that are carried out that is the upstream boat cruise which is carried out at the bottom of the waterfalls which is the most powerful waterfalls in the country and in the area and the downstream boat cruise/ launch trip to the Victoria Nile delta which stretches t the shores of Lake Albert. All the launch trips/ boat cruises begin at Paara Jetty which is the starting point for all of them at 2:00 pm and it lasts for only 3 hours. Tourists will be able to see a number of animal species like the hippopotami, elephants, waterbucks, buffaloes, Kobs, Giraffes and bird species like the shoe bill, saddle-billed stork Goliath Heron and many more can be seen which offers breath taking views and satisfactory experiences for tourists o their Murchison falls national park tour.
- Hiking: Murchison falls National Park is an important and rewarding destination to the tourists on their Uganda national parks tour because of the different activities that are engaging for the tourists and the most rewarding activity in the Park is top of Murchison Falls Hike which once carried out offers magnificent views of the national park. The hike to the top of the falls can be rewarding and it takes 45 minutes to reach the top but once reached, tourists will be able to see the white water of the falls running downstream, the sounds of the water running through the rocks which is quite impressing and unique. Tourists can hike through the vast landscape of the area and through the Kaniyo Pabidi Mahogany and Rabongo forests which is home to a number of primate species like the chimpanzees which can be seen jumping in the tree branches, monkeys can also be sighted in the forests.
- Nature walks: For a tourist on their Murchison falls national park tour, nature walks in the park are rewarding because of the different attractions that can be seen once they are conducted and this will ensure that the tourist is able to get satisfied while on their Uganda national parks tour. Guided nature walks in the park are the most rewarding because a tourist is able to get detailed information concerning the areas visited and attractions that are seen. The walks in the park last for one to two hours and they can walk through the Kaniyo Pabidi and Rabongo forests where different animal species can be seen and different bird species. Short walks can also be carried out from Sambiya River Lodge or Mubako junction all of which offer amazing experiences.